Growth hormone for slimming. Does it really help to burn fats?
Growth hormone (somatotropin) is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland. Its main function is to ensure the growth of the body during adolescence. Active growth processes continue up to 20-25 years. Subsequently, the level of the hormone decreases.
Due to the effect of growth hormone on body weight with age, a person becomes more prone to weight gain, including due to a decrease in the amount of growth hormone. Consider how to properly use growth hormone for weight loss for men and women, in particular, the scheme of use, dosages, contraindications and other important features.
Useful properties of growth hormone for the body
Growth hormone has many beneficial effects. The main ones include:
- anabolic effect (muscle gain);
- anti-catabolic effect (slowing down the processes of muscle destruction);
- decreased appetite;
- increase in height before the age of 26 (growth zones have not yet been closed);
- strengthening of bones;
- improving energy use;
- acceleration of wound healing;
- rejuvenation of the body.
Growth hormone is most widely used on drying. This term is understood as special weight loss, in which they strive to burn excess fat to the maximum, while retaining as much muscle mass as possible. Traditionally, drying people follow a low-carb diet and exercise very intensely, usually through circuit training.
How growth hormone helps burn fat
Growth hormone is attached to the receptors of adipose tissue, due to which it mobilizes fats and supports lipolysis (burning of excess fat). As a result, the percentage of adipose tissue in the body decreases.
This growth hormone effect is based on a complex mechanism for the breakdown of fatty acids in adipocytes. It occurs due to the enzyme lipase. The more active it is, the more intensely fat is burned.
Lipase is influenced by 2 hormones: insulin and adrenaline. Insulin suppresses lipase production, while adrenaline, on the contrary, increases it. Adrenaline is generated during sports, due to which the effect of fat burning from physical exertion is provided. At the same time, growth hormone, like adrenaline, is also produced during physical activity and hunger.
From here it becomes clear that in order to further increase fat burning, you need to act on insulin, forcing the body to produce it in a smaller amount. This explains the use of growth hormone for weight loss. Growth hormone reduces insulin levels in the blood, thereby increasing fat burning.
How to take growth hormone for fat burning
With regard to growth hormone, it is more correct to say how to use it correctly, since it is used as a course of injections. For this, two injectable forms of the drug are produced: liquid and powder. The latter must first be diluted with saline. The liquid form is already ready for use, so it can be drawn directly into the syringe.
The preparations contain recombinant growth hormone, which in terms of amino acid content fully coincides with human growth hormone, which is produced by the pituitary gland.
It is better to increase the dosage of growth hormone gradually. For men, the following scheme is effective:
- The first 4 weeks – 4 units per day (2 units in the morning and 2 units in the evening).
- Fifth and sixth weeks – 5 units per day (2.5 units 2 times).
- Seventh and eighth weeks – 6 units per day (3 units 2 times).
- Ninth and tenth weeks – 8 U (4 U 2 times).
- Further, until the end of the course, you can reduce the dose in the reverse order. This will allow you to safely and gently cancel the drug.
The dosage of growth hormone for women for weight loss should be 2 times lower, and the scheme for gradually increasing the dose is similar to that for men. And it is imperative to split it into 2 injections per day.
Other important rules of application:
- For the best effect, the injection should be done on an empty stomach. Optimal: in the morning and in the evening, dividing the dose in half. This is due to the fact that in the evening exogenous (coming from the outside) growth hormone has a higher bioavailability. The best option is 2 units in the morning and 2 units in the evening (1 hour before meals).
- Strength training or aerobic (cardio) training can be helpful to enhance fat mobilization after your morning injection.
- The duration of the course of growth hormone for drying for men and women should be 60-90 days. Rest from the drug should last as long as the course, so that the body regains its sensitivity to growth hormone, which gradually decreases.
- Throughout the course, you need to adhere to a strict diet to maintain low blood sugar levels.
- The injection should be done immediately after dilution. The diluted drug is stored for no longer than 72 hours, it must not be frozen.
- The drug that has not been used within 72 hours must be disposed of.
It is better to purchase a special insulin syringe to perform the injection. It has a thinner needle – 0.23-0.3 mm in diameter and 4-10 mm long. This makes injections virtually painless. In conditions of a course of growth hormone, which needs to be injected every day, sometimes dividing the dose several times during the day, such parameters of the needle are very important.
How to properly inject growth hormone:
- Dissolve the powder with water for injection directly in the bottle and shake gently without shaking too much.
- Lubricate the injection site with alcohol.
- Draw the required dose into the syringe.
- Insert the needle into the fold on the abdomen at an angle of 45-90 ° and slowly inject the drug.
Side effects and contraindications
Undergoing a course of growth hormone for drying, you need to be prepared for some side effects. To prevent their occurrence, an injection scheme with a gradual increase in dose is used. Usually, side effects occur only at the beginning of admission and are not very pronounced. Among them:
- swelling of feet and hands;
- muscle pain;
- redness and swelling at the injection site.
When you can’t use growth hormone to burn fat:
- for any types of tumors;
- the presence of a predisposition to the formation of tumors;
- obvious signs of possible tumor formation;
- intracranial injuries;
- receiving anticancer therapy;
- the presence of a transplanted kidney;
- pregnancy and lactation.
If you have diabetes mellitus, you should contact your doctor to adjust your insulin dose. In case of renal failure, a preliminary examination is carried out to check the condition of the kidneys.