Information about the drug
Teva Tamoxifen is tested over the years drug, used to treat breast cancer in women, prevents the growth of cells at risk. The method of action is to suppress estrogenic activity, which in turn prevents the growth of the mammary glands and the threat of the development of the disease. The drug is tested by many scientists and has certification (Food and Drug Administration, FDA, USFDA).
The applying of the product has gained wide popularity in sports, when using Androgenic Anabolic Steroids. Application of Tamoxifen Citrate has a fairly wide range of uses. This product is used to avoid the effects associated with flavoring, namely the prevention of the influence of a large amount of estrogen in the male body. When using a large amount of endogenous testosterone, part of the hormone tends to be metabolized to female sex hormones. As a result, there is a process of feminization and a number of side properties from an excessive amount of androgens.
Tamoxifen has the ability to bind to estrogen receptors, occupying them. As a result, estrogens get rid of the ability to influence cell development. This saves person using steroids from the number of undesirable consequences. However, it should be noted that this product makes estrogens inactive and does not have the property to influence on the appearance.
There are 2 ways of applying of Tamoxifen. It is effective as in the course of steroids, as during the post course therapy.
- Applying during the course. This method allows to control the effects of estrogen, thereby in the initial stage to prevent the action. Dosage directly on the course is applied in the amount of 10 mg per day, throughout the course of steroids. To achieve the full effect, the amount of estrogen should be monitored using blood tests for hormones.
- Applying during the PCT. In this case double effect is achieved. The first effect is a reduction in the effect of estrogen. The second is the ability of the product to influence on the production of luteinizing hormone, this hormone stimulates the gonads for the testosterone production. This is very important property, because with prolonged use of anabolic steroids (AS) natural endocrine glands decrease their effectiveness.
Dosage on the PCT. To achieve the best effect next schedule is used: the first two weeks the product is used in an elevated dosage of 30-40 mg daily. After that the dosage is reduced to 15-20 mg per day as for another two weeks. The next 14 days the dosage is reduced to 10 mg. In general it is six week course.
Tamoxifen Citrate is a reliable drug for athletes who use a large number of AS, it makes sense to combine this product with inhibitors of the enzyme aromatase. This is guaranteed to save you from the effects associated with estrogen.
Any medicine may have side effects. However, for many people, side effects are either mild or non-existent. Contact your doctor or seek medical help if these or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- The tides (for women).
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Weight gain or loss.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Pain in the back, bones, joints, or muscles.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Sleep disturbances.
This list of possible side effects is not complete. If you have any questions regarding side effects, contact your doctor. Consult a physician regarding side effects.
You may report side effects to your national health department.
In rare cases, in some patients, taking this drug can cause serious, and sometimes deadly, side effects. Contact your doctor right away or seek medical attention if you have the following signs or symptoms that could be associated with serious side effects:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as a rash, hives, itching, reddened and swollen skin with blisters or peeling, possibly in combination with fever, wheezing or wheezing, tightness in the chest or throat, shortness of breath, swallowing or speech, unusual hoarseness, swelling in areas of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Symptoms of increased calcium levels, such as weakness, confusion, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting, constipation, or bone pain.
- Signs of a urinary tract infection, including blood in the urine, burning sensation or pain during urination, frequent or immediate urination, fever, pain in the lower abdomen or pelvis.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, difficulty speaking or thinking, problems with maintaining balance, sagging on one side of the face, or blurred vision.
- Vision change.
- Compaction in the mammary gland or increased sensitivity of the breast.
- Swelling of the arms or legs.
- Strong headache.
- Unusual burning, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Treatment with this drug in rare cases was accompanied by violations of the liver. If you experience symptoms of liver problems, such as dark urine, fatigue, lack of appetite, nausea or abdominal pain, lightening feces, vomiting, yellowing of the skin or eyes, consult your doctor immediately.
- If you are a woman, consult your doctor immediately if you have pain during urination, pain or a feeling of pressure in the pelvic area, as well as changes in your period (menstruation), such as a lack of periods, vaginal bleeding that is not normal, or discharge from the vagina.
- Some men have experienced sexual dysfunction with this drug. These included a decrease in interest in sex and a lack of erection. If you experience sexual problems while taking this medication, contact your doctor immediately.
This drug is medical product and requires following recommendations of using and storing. It should be stored in the cool dark place, avoiding direct sunlight. It’s also necessary to prevent applying this drug by children.
You MUST consult with your attending physician before you start using this drug. We also ask you to take into account that this drug may cause some side effects, some of them can be life-threatening. If you notice any disturbing symptoms you should to contact with your physician. In some cases, it is necessary to stop taking the drug for a while. Also you must inform your doctor if you taking this drugs with other medicines. So physician can prescribe proper treatment and help to avoid any unpleasant adverse effects.